TESOL Lesson Plan – ESA Model – Integrated Skills
– Get your TEFL certification online with OnTESOL!-
Lesson aims: To develop speaking skills and vocabulary by discussing the topic of cellphone use in classrooms.
Lesson outcome: By the end of this lesson, students will be able to give their opinions on reasons for and against the use of cell phones in schools using known vocabulary as well as vocabulary introduced in class.
Pronunciation Lesson Plan: Consonant sound /dʒ/
By Ashleigh R.
Get TESOL / TEFL certified online!
Level: Low intermediate and above
Duration: Approx. 60 minutes
Introduce the articulation of the affricate post alveolar voiced sound /dʒ/ through context.
Provide controlled, semi-controlled and freer practice through drilling and communicative activities.
Teaching Business English – Lesson Plan
Level of the class: High Intermediate
Type of Lesson: Integrated skills (Listening integrated to speaking, pronunciation and vocabulary using authentic material. Theme: giving presentations)
To identify the characteristics of a good and bad presentation
To introduce vocabulary related to presentations
To review sentence stress and intonation patterns for effective presentations.
TESOL Lesson Plan Using Authentic Material: Discussing Current Events & Teaching Present Progressive
Level: Low Intermediate and above
– To review the use and structure of the Present Continuous / Progressive Tense through reading comprehension using authentic material.
– To review the different functions of the Present Continuous / Progressive Tense: describing an action happening at the moment of speaking vs. describing current ongoing events and processes.
– To review vocabulary connected to the ocean, the beach and sea-creatures.
– To provide practice of the structure and function of the Present Continuous / Progressive Tense
By Robert Huth. 100-hour TESOL Certificate graduate
Level of students: High Beginner
Total class time: 90 min.
· To introduce new vocabulary about leisure activities
· To introduce the past simple with its function to talk about the past (comparing it to the present simple and present progressive)
· To introduce the affirmative and negative form of the past simple and the forms of regular and irregular verbs
· To review adverbials of time concerning weekdays (on Monday, on Saturday, on the weekend), here used with the past tense.
· To practice the pronunciation of the “-ed” ending in the past simple and the stress of the personal pronoun when using the same question to talk about another person
· To provide Ss with controlled and semi-controlled practice in speaking, listening and freer practice in writing in the context of reporting about past events using the past simple
TESOL Lesson Plan Using Authentic Material: Friends
Level: High Intermediate
• To give students practice with developing their speaking and listening skills.
• Revision of phrasal verbs, by scanning the video for the verbs, and using them in sentences.
• Guessing the meaning of vocabulary through synonyms, answering questions, gap filling activities.
By the end of the lesson, students should have improved their speaking and listening skills, and feel confident using the phrasal verbs introduced in the video episode.
-OnTESOL: TESOL certification online-
Free TESOL Lesson Plan by OnTESOL Graduate
Type of lesson: Listening integrating speaking and writing (Movie: Spanglish) by Janine.
Level: Intermediate +
To practice listening for details (scanning)
To introduce vocabulary that is essential for understanding the listening tasks
To allow students to practice the skill of writing in reported speech
To encourage discussion and class debate
To practice writing skills
-OnTESOL: Quality TESOL Certification Online-
Level of the students: Intermediate +
Type of lesson: Listening comprehension
Aims: To provide students with listening practice for the gist (skimming) and
To present and give practice with vocabulary related to jobs.
To present vocabulary that is essential for understanding the task.
To integrate listening into speaking and writing skills.
To provide students with practice in summarizing and retelling.
- OnTESOL: Online TESOL certification courses since 2003-
Enroll NOW! Online TESOL courses!
Type of Lesson: Grammar using storytelling- Task-based lesson based on the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Level: Low Intermediate, 10-11 years
Time: Approx. 90 minutes
Aims: To introduce the students to the vocabulary used to describe emotions; to review the concept of the comparative (-er) and present the superlative (-est);to give students an opportunity to practice listening for specific information; to give students an opportunity to practice speaking and writing using the comparative and superlative.
Written by 100-hour TESOL certificate course graduate
Lesson type: Listening comprehension integrating vocabulary, speaking and writing skills.
Level of the students: High intermediate
To provide students with practice in developing their skim and scan listening skills.
To review and present vocabulary essential for understanding the article as well as to provide practice in use and pronunciation thereof.
To integrate listening into writing and speaking skills and provide practice in summarizing.