Simple past ESL lesson plan by Robert Huth – TESOL Certificate graduate
Level of students: High Beginner
Total class time: 90 min.
· To introduce new vocabulary about leisure activities
· To introduce the past simple with its function to talk about the past (comparing it to the present simple and present progressive)
· To introduce the affirmative and negative form of the past simple and the forms of regular and irregular verbs
· To review adverbials of time concerning weekdays (on Monday, on Saturday, on the weekend), here used with the past tense.
· To practice the pronunciation of the “-ed” ending in the past simple and the stress of the personal pronoun when using the same question to talk about another person
· To provide Ss with controlled and semi-controlled practice in speaking, listening and freer practice in writing in the context of reporting about past events using the past simple
Free TESOL Training: How to Write a Grammar Lesson Plan
Free TESOL Training: How to Introduce New Vocabulary